Winnemucca is Officially Burning Down!

Saturday, July 07, 2007 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
I'm not sure about the rest of Nevada, but we arrived back in Winnemucca around 7:00 pm Pacific Time and the fires were ablaze. The sky was covered in dark smoke from all of the fire that was around our poor pathetic town.

My boss and a friend live in one particular area of town and it isn't looking good for them. They are both on vacation, so they are not around to enjoy the bonfire (I know, that was a bad joke). When we got into town we drove toward where they both live and the roads were blocked off, so we couldn't see how far the fire had gotten. The mountains along one whole side of town were burning.

We got home and decided cooking was out of the question, so we decided to order pizza. I called Round Table and the boy on the other end of line told me, "Um, I'm sorry but we had to send our delivery drivers home because they are being evacuated out of their houses because of the fire. We won't be making any more deliveries tonight, but you can come pick it up." Um...I don't think so, if I'm too lazy to make my own dinner I am definitely too lazy to go pick it up. No worries though because Pizza Hut delivered and we did not have to starve. Yay!

I will post an update later as long as I am not scorched during the night.

0 comments: