Goal: February

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 Posted In , , Edit This 6 Comments »

Everyone needs to have goals. I've decided I am going to come up with a monthly goal for myself that I will attempt to accomplish within that month.

My goal for February is to drink more water. I need to become a healthier happier version of myself and what better way than to start hydrating myself with water? I'm not saying that I don't ever drink water, but I don't do it near enough. I'm not going to count the ounces I intake in a day and I'm not going to hold myself to 8 glasses a day. I know that drinking more water rather than sugar packed soda or flavored drinks is going to be way better for me.

I'm also not saying that my goal is to give up these other drinks. I have tried too many times in the past to give up drinking soda or other good tasting drinks. I would like to someday stop drinking soda, but for now my goal is only to drink more of the good stuff.

I'm also going to take this opportunity to give a shout out to the 20 Something Blogger's Biggest Loser site. I have joined and was placed on the Red Team. I expect good things to come from joining this group of bloggers in trying to reach our goals and becoming happier and healthier. My goals for joining this group are to lose 10 pounds, get healthier, and drink more water. Hey look at that I'm going to try to accomplish one of those goals this month. I know that my goals are a bit vague, but I don't want to set my sights too high. Once I have a handle on these things I will re-evaluate my goals and set more. I think this is going to work out beautifully and I'm really looking forward to the outcome.

Here's to living a happier, healthier year!

6 comments:

.jimaie.marie. said...

ohhh water. i really need to make more of an effort to drink more too! I used to have a cute waterbottle that i carried around with me everywhere and i drank SOOO much more then...and then it broke :( um, that was over a year ago LOL! i need to get another!
I also had to stop buying soda's to keep in the house bc when i have them here it's all i drink. so no matter HOW BADLY i'm craving a dr pepper i can't make one magically appear and i MUST drink good ol H2O. ;)
\
good luck with your goals!!!

Allie Mama said...

Here's your Dad's advice: Drink water all day at work -- then when you get home you can drink pop like he drinks wine! Fortunately for you -- you don't have five days off so you shouldn't be too dehydrated when you go back to work.

Here's my comment: My goal for February is to drink just enough to put myself into a sound sleep. It's February 3rd, and I'm 3 for 3.

sarah marie p said...

Good luck in accomplishing your goals! I am with you on needing to drink more water. Feeling all dehydrated is the worst! I know I should be drinking way more H20. I also agree with you about how hard it is to give up drinking soda. I'm not even going to try for that because I love it so much and I don't think I'll ever give it up for good. Man, I'm such an addict! Ha. It's soooo good though! I know it's nasty but I can't help but love it. My goal is to drink more water and only have soda once a day.

sarah marie p said...

p.s. I love that your mom comments on your blog! My mom is usually a lurker ;)

Anonymous said...

holla, biggest loser!!

am so excited for you, and your goals!

Unknown said...

Ohh I gave up soda in high school because my swim coach told me too. I am glad I did because now I look back at the amount of sodas I would drink during the day.. I mean it was ridiculous! Sometimes I'll drink a little but it's not something I NEED. But yay for more water! Speaking of... I need to go refill my water cup.