Weekend Recap

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 Posted In , , , Edit This 1 Comment »
Good morning all! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend whether you were celebrating your love for your special someone or just celebrating the love you have for yourself (because you should totally love you... you are amazing and I said so).

Anyhoozle... I think for this post I'm just going to recap a little bit of each day and call it good.

Friday the 13th, cue spooky music. I had a doctor's appointment in Reno with a neurologist, so we packed up for the weekend and made the 2 hour drive. After the appointment we went to the theater and watched Slumdog Millionaire. It was a really good movie and I'm glad we made it in time to see it.

We made it a semi-early night by checking into the hotel, Summit at Grand Sierra. The Summit rooms are fabulous.

Saturday, Valentine's day, we took advantage of not having any plans and we slept in. It was so nice. The beds in the Summit rooms are so comfy, I wanted to steal one and bring it home with us, but I didn't think we could get it out with out anyone noticing.

Andrew made reservations for dinner at Dolce. The atmosphere is modern and the food was great. I even bought a new dress for the occasion, which I just realized we didn't take any pictures at all over the weekend. Sad.

Sunday we didn't have plans other than driving home, so we slept in once again. It really was a fantastic weekend. Thank you Andrew! You're the best.

My only complaint is that when we got home the heater for some reason decided to stop working, so the house was freezing. Somehow after jiggling some wires and replacing the thermostat it started working again. I hope it stays working because I don't particularly like being cold.

So that's it. I hope you are all having a good Monday. I know that's an oxymoron, but a girl can hope, right?

Side note: I went to the neurologist because for several years now I've been having headaches/ migraines and I was hoping he could give me some answers. A little over a month ago when I first went to see him he told me he wanted me to get a CT scan of my head and do some blood work. At my appointment on Friday he told me the scan looked just fine and he prescribed me some medicine to take when I get my migraines. It was bittersweet to hear that everything is fine with my head. On one hand I'm glad I don't have to have some crazy ridiculous surgery to fix my head, but on the other hand I wish there was some explanation for my head pain other than just because.

Oh and while I'm here typing away I might as well add that when I got my CT scan I had no idea what to expect. When I was taken into the room with the machine I was told lie down on the table. The nurse then proceeded to give me an IV. It then became apparent that she was new to giving IV's and she was unsuccessful on her first attempt on my right arm. I don't know if you have ever had an IV, but it's not the most comfortable feeling having someone poking around in your arm with a needle. She moved to my left arm and was able to get the needle in the right spot. They took the first scan and the nurse came back and told me that she was going to inject some die into the IV and do another scan. She also said that sometimes people get a warm feeling all over or they itch. As soon as she injected me with the die I felt like I peed myself. No kidding. I thought to myself oh great how embarrassing most people feel warm or itchy and I pee myself. No worries I didn't actually pee my pants it just felt like it. Weird.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so glad to hear you are ok
That is so weird that you thought you peed yourself, I would be so scared if I thought I peed myself.