La Tua Cantante

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 Posted In , Edit This 13 Comments »
La Tua Cantante translated means "your singer" and implies being irresistible and enchanting. This line comes from the book New Moon in the Twilight series. I can honestly say that I have found my singer. His name is Andrew and I can only begin to describe the way I feel about him. Today is our 3 year anniversary.

Dearest Andrew ~

I like bullet points, so I'm going to count the ways I love you with bullets (haha kinda sounds like I want to shoot you):
  • You know I'm nutty and love me all the same.
  • You make me feel smart (even though we both know I'm a little less than brilliant).
  • You laugh with me when I do silly things.
  • I think it's super cute that you are happy with your alone time, but you miss me when I'm gone. (Absence makes the heart grow fonder!)
  • My parents love you (it wouldn't be a deal breaker if they didn't, but it's definitely a plus... although sometimes I feel they like you more)
  • You listen when I want to talk about my blog friends.
  • You listen when I want to talk about random nonsense.
  • You let me rant about my bad day, bad mood, or anything else less than happy and you hug me and tell me it's going to be alright.
  • You don't judge me (too harshly) when you catch me dancing or looking in the mirror when I think I'm alone.
  • You're not a liar.
  • You always kiss and hug me before you leave.
  • I knew you loved me long before you had the words to say it.
  • You like to take silly pictures of me.
  • I like to pose for the silly pictures you take (most of the time).
  • If there is something wrong, you try to make it right.
  • If I can't reach something on the top shelf, you gladly get it for me with that adorable smile on your face.
  • You watch chick flicks with me.
  • You make dinner.
  • You go to McDonald's for cheeseburgers and coke if I'm not feeling well.
  • You save me from myself on a regular basis.
  • You call to make sure I made it to work safely if the weather is bad.
  • You give me the cookie that looks more appetizing.
  • If you know I'm leaving before you, you put my key in front of your key on the hook.
  • You help me with the decisions I don't want to make on my own.
  • You are adorable in all of your fantastic nerdyness (I just made up that word).
  • You think it's funny when I make up new words.
  • You love me for me.
  • You are you!
Our first "date"3 years ago

Yellowstone National Park 6/07


Seattle 11/06

Runnamucca '07

Montana '07

Just us being our silly selves

12/07
Happy 3 year Anniversary Love! I love you very much and I can't wait to see what our future will bring us.

Side note: Happy Anniversary to my parents! They have been married 19 years today.

13 comments:

alyssa said...

Awww that's cute :) Happy anniversary!!!! The glasses picture is great! Your blog looks different from the last time I opened it up out of Reader ;)

Sarah said...

aww so sweet. Happy Anniversary you two crazy kids!

Sara McGinness said...

what a great post, happy anniversary!!!

Allie Mama said...

I too like the glasses, but I think you should show everyone our cool glasses from our New Year's Eve celebration -- those were cool too.

We do think the world of Andrew, but you're our world! You and Andrew together make a good "one"! We love you both!

sarah marie p said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet post! You guys are so cute! I loved all of the fun pictures! Hope you have fun celebrating your love! Happy anniversary to your parents too!

Unknown said...

This is so sweet! Happy Anniversary to you both, and your parents!

Anonymous said...

waaaaay too cute! i love it!

Kerri W. said...

Happy belated anniversary to you two lovebirds. :) This post seriously made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside - thank you for sharing so many wonderful things that make your relationship so special! I'm so glad that you two have found this love with eachother.

Awwwww. (I had to say it.) :)

Unknown said...

3 years huh? Wow! Time flew by.. where have I been? lol CONGRATULATIONS for going on year #3! :)

Unknown said...

We love Andrew too, he is a perfect fit to our crazy disfunctional not all in our right minds family! Weclome in Andrew you crazy nut!

Unknown said...

I've just tagged you!

http://www.keeperofthecheerios.com/2009/01/to-know-me-more.html


I hope you and your family are doing okay! It was good to see you but I'm sorry about the circumstances. *hugs*

.jimaie.marie. said...

this was such a sweet post, i loved seeing all the pictures!! happy belated anniversary you two!!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally - taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.