Hot, Hot, Hot

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
For the past 3 days the a/c hasn't been working at our house. Do you know how much it sucks to be in a house, in Nevada, with out a/c? Well I'm here to tell you that it is no fun at all. We had a couple of fans to blow around the hot air, but really it didn't help. So for the past 3 days Andrew and I have been a sweaty, sticky, grumpy mess. Thanks to Andrew though the a/c is now working again and the house doesn't feel like a sauna.

On Saturday the furnace was making a disgustingly loud metal on metal noise which made it difficult to lay in bed and relax. We went to investigate and came to the conclusion that the motor was shot and it was going to need a new one. I know what you may be thinking, "Why would you be using a furnace in the middle of summer?" Apparently it does make sense because the furnace is hooked to the central air and you need the motor in the furnace to make the central air work. After talking to the hardware store about getting a new motor they said it would have to wait until Monday because the guy that takes care of these things only works Monday through Friday. Well of course that is how it would work because things only go wrong on weekdays, ha! (I was being sarcastic just then if you couldn't tell.)

Monday came around and we got a new motor, took it home, hooked everything up, turned it on and...the horrible metal on metal sound came screeching from the furnace again. WTF? Andrew took it all apart again and figured out it wasn't the motor at all it was the gerbil cage (or whatever it is called) that houses the motor that was making the noise. We went back to the hardware store to see about a new squirrel wheel (also known as a gerbil cage) and thankfully I knew the guy that was working and he gave us a different one in exchange for our piece of junk one. Once again we went back home, put everything back together, and to our anticipation it worked. We will no longer be baking ourselves. Yay! Not that being in 95 degree heat inside the house was a big deal (sarcastic), but I would much rather it be cooler in the house than it is outside.

After that ordeal was taken care of Andrew and I put together our new table and end table. It only (sarcastic) took about 3 hours for us to put both of the tables together, but it was worth it. Is it weird that I am excited about tables? Oh well I don't care, I know I am crazy and I am ok with it.

Now maybe Andrew will let me paint inside the house...

0 comments: