The Chocolate Milkshake is Almost Complete

Thursday, October 04, 2007 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
No thanks to our anal retentiveness we finished painting. (Yes that's right I said anal. Let's take a second to compose ourselves...) Andrew and I each have our own way of being anal retentive. Andrew wanted to make sure every square inch of the house was doused in primer (excluding the roof of course), he made sure to do a thorough job with the base coat, and when he added the house numbers he had to precise. I really like doing the detailed work (the trim), although I probably looked like an idiot standing 2 inches from the house trying to make sure I didn't make a mistake. On the rare occasion that I did make a mistake (Can you sense my sarcasm?) I had to go back and fix it.

I know you may be thinking to yourself it didn't seem like it took that long, but really it only took about a month. (Only?!!) I am so happy to be done with it.

Here is a list of the reasons it only took about a month:
  • Prep
  • Weather
  • Laziness
  • Paint sprayer (Yet another thing I shake my fist at.)

I know it doesn't seem long, but when you are actually in the process of using the list it takes quite a while to complete. I didn't post any pictures because we are waiting for the "house jewelry" (lights) to arrive. We are hoping they will be here by the weekend or early next week. Once we get those hung I will take some pictures and post them.

0 comments: