We Must Be Getting Old!

Sunday, December 16, 2007 Posted In Edit This 4 Comments »
The other night we went to the late show at the movie theater to watch "I Am Legend." It was a pretty good movie. We both agreed that the ending could have been better, but Will Smith is a great actor. I wish I could say that I was blogging to sing the praise of a good movie, but unfortunately I'm not. I am writing today to curse the rude little 13 and 14 year olds who decided to grace the theater with their presence.

Let me first say that "The Mucc" (Winnemucca) is not a very big town. There are about 15,000 people at the most. I think the rule is that if a movie is rated R you have to be at least 17 to attend the showing or be accompanied by an adult. Well...in "The Mucc" this rule does not apply because if they didn't allow people under 17 at rated R movies they would lose too much business.

There were about 15 of them sitting in the first 3 rows of the room. They obviously have not been taught silence is golden because not only were they talking, but they weren't even trying to whisper. We have encountered this problem before and let me tell you there is nothing more annoying at a movie than getting distracted by a bunch of teenagers talking and playing musical chairs.

I am very easily distracted which Andrew will attest to and I have missed way too much of a movie to put up with this shit. The last time this happened (same scenario) the kids were playing musical chairs (moving from seat to seat around the theater) and Andrew (my hero) leaned forward, got face to face with one of the boys, and said, "Sit the f*ck down." I can't help but giggle while I write this because let me tell you it was awesome. The boy apologized and kind of quivered back into his seat. You might be feeling sympathy for the boy. Don't. He had walked from the front of the theater to the back a handful of times, he was talking, and quite frankly being very annoying. In my opinion he deserved it. I mean it's not like Andrew sat on top of him and pounded on him...which is what I wanted to do.

Anyway...back to the other night. Apparently we weren't the only ones about to blow a head gasket because about 2 minutes into the movie the owner of the theater walked down to the front of the room, leaned over the group, and said, "If one more person complains about these 3 rows you are ALL leaving." I wasn't silently applauding at this point. One of the boys in the group replied, "Sorry sir." The owner whipped around and snorted, "Who said that?" One of the boys confessed and the owner leaned down right in his face and quietly scolded him.

Once again young people who feel entitled drive me crazy. If you decide to go watch a movie I suggest you watch the movie. If you feel like talking do it at home or at McDonald's like everyone else. And if you don't have a car or you aren't old enough to drive...please behave yourselves (shut the f*ck up).

I apologize if anyone is offended by my language here. I think I offended myself, but I was in the moment and that is how I felt at that point in time. I wouldn't actually talk to someone like this or even voice my opinion for that matter. In my mind on the other hand I can strangle rude people and be completely content with it.

4 comments:

ALF said...

I love that you call it "The Mucc". That's awesome. I'll be coming to The Mucc in February - I'll have to keep you posted with the details!

Allison said...

Yes definitely keep me posted! It would be so nice to see you again.

Val Cox said...

ahh, so true. What gets me are the gaggle of teens on their cell phones chatting during the movie. What's that all about? Are they explaining blot lines to the friends who couldn't make it? Makes me crazy! Val

Christine said...

UGH! NO talking during the movie, please!