Just Another Day

Thursday, January 10, 2008 Posted In , Edit This 2 Comments »
Nothing much to report on. We made it back from vacation. It was nice to get out of town for 2 weeks and relax, but I have to be honest...I was so happy to get back home. Andrew's parents were more than hospitable, it was to see some of his friends, and my friend Janice's wedding in Vegas was very cute.

I ate as much as a person could possibly eat while we were gone and I'm glad to be back trying to eat healthier. We decided we would eat whatever we wanted to while on vacation, but as soon as we were back home again we would behave ourselves and try to lose some weight. I think we both gained about 10 pounds while we were gone and I pretty much hate myself for it. Ok now I'm over it.

I don't have any pictures today because my camera died on the second day of vacation and I didn't take the cord to recharge it. Thankfully Andrew had his, so I will post some later.

Today I had to call into a conference hearing and I was a bit nervous about it. I don't really know why...I wasn't the one the hearing was for, but nevertheless I was still nervous. I just knew that once it came time for me to speak I was going to be a complete idiot and they were going to be recording every second of it. I would love to go into detail about the reason for the hearing, but unfortunately I'm not allowed to. So...just to be sure I was on time for the hearing I called a few minutes early and I was the first one to the "room." I decided to take a couple of big drinks of water before anyone else called in, so when it was time for me to talk I wouldn't have cotton mouth. Right after taking the drinks the phone beeped to let me know that a couple of other people were now on the line and then it happened. I had to burp. I thought to myself oh great, just perfect, yeah sure why not burp right in the ear of a judge and administrative representative that would be real professional. I'm sure by now Andrew is laughing his butt off because he knows what my burps are like and let me tell you they are not petite by any means. You will be relieved to know that the urge went away and the rest of the conversation was completely painless.

After the hearing was over I decided I should make a trip home to use the bathroom. I no longer use the bathroom in our shop because a couple of months ago I saw a gigantic black widow spider right next to my bare bottom while going pee and that cured me of wanting to use that bathroom. Plus, the guys here use my bathroom, so it is so gross (picture me shaking my fist at those dirty men). Anyway...we only live about 3 minutes from my office, so I don't see it as that big of a deal. I walked out the door of my office and clicked the lock button on my key fob. You might be thinking to yourself oh you silly girl you should have clicked the unlock button because you're getting in your car. Oh no, that's not the reason I did it at all. I clicked the lock button because at that moment in time my brain farted and I thought that would lock the door to my office.

2 comments:

ALF said...

you are awesome. Are you coming to watch Miss American with me?

ALF said...

Miss America is what I meant. I always type American instead of America. DOH!