Brain Fart

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 Posted In , Edit This 1 Comment »
I was given the task of delivering a welcome basket today to an interviewee. When a qualified candidate (interviewee) is asked to come in for an interview for a salary position they are given a basket of welcome gifts. This basket (which is actually a lunch box with the company logo on it) includes a water bottle, keychain, calculator, clock, pen, chocolate, some information about things that happen locally, and a small vile of gold flakes. It might not seem that exciting, but hey its better than nothing.

I was asked to deliver this basket of goodness to the hotel where the guy will be staying, so...I gathered the items, set my cell phone on top of it, grabbed my purse and headed out the door. I took the basket into the hotel and left it, went to the store, and drove back to the office. This is when I realized I left my cell phone in the basket at the hotel. Thankfully this guy wasn't supposed to show up until later in the evening, otherwise he would have thought this is an awesome company because he just got a free phone. I don't think so. Like the idiot that I am I got to walk back into the hotel and ask the front desk for my phone. That was awesome.

1 comments:

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I've tagged you with a meme, Allie. Please don't hold it against me!