What A Day...

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »
I'm going to start with today and work my way back to yesterday. I know its a little backwards, but...whateva.

I was given the task of looking for new service awards for Newmont's employees. (Newmont is where my temp job is taking place; I will explain more at a later date.) Right now they only receive a Carhartt jacket which is only cool to some people. Today I was looking online for a good knife that can be engraved with Newmont's logo. While looking at one of the websites I came across a small knife with a description that read as follows: "Is junior having problems at school? Is he being bullied or pushed around? You've tried self defense and psychology, new clothes and biting venacular, but nothing seems to be working. That's why you should invest in personalized junior aluminum folding knives." My thoughts...WTF?????? I was truly disturbed by this and I had to tell practically everyone that would listen to me what a horrible idea that is. I would have blogged earlier, but they frown upon doing personal business while at work. I finally read more of the description and it said, "Okay we're just kidding...Really don't give them to children." I still feel disturbed by this and I don't think saying "just kidding" makes it ok. Here little guy, you can't stick up for yourself, so take this knife to school. You might get expelled or the bully might take it from you and stab you with it, but that's okay. Argh!

Ok now back to yesterday. I see quite a few names in the course of a day and I just have to list a few of the honorable mentions:
  • Clifford Hanger
  • Holly Wood
  • Mrs. Moore-Mann
  • Richard Seaman
  • Michael Hunt (the key to this name is saying Mike followed by his last name, sorry if you got that already, but I wouldn't have gotten it)

That's all for now. I still have five more days at this office, so hopefully more blog-worthy things happen.

1 comments:

Chris King said...

Ah Good old Michael Hunt. Stay away from his brother Issac, he's a nasty peice of work!