Damn You Cubicle Clip

Thursday, March 27, 2008 Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »
(Picture me shaking my fist in the air at the clip)

Today I was looking on the internet for one of these:


I couldn’t think of what it might be called, so I searched the site using:

  • Cubicle panel clips
  • Cubicle panel accessories
  • Cubicle panel fasteners
  • Cubicle panel connectors
  • Cubicle panels
  • Clips

Not one of those gave me what I was looking for. I knew those darn things had to be somewhere on that site because my boss ordered some panels along with the aforementioned “darn things,” but for some reason I couldn’t find them. I also scanned through the catalog and couldn’t find them. I didn’t look through the catalog with an eagle eye though because it’s 4,070 pages.

I resorted to the only thing I could think of that would help me. Nooo I didn’t go ask my boss what they were called, of course not. I called Andrew. He knows I’m special and he doesn’t judge me for it. The longer I can keep it a secret from the people I work with the better, especially my boss. So when I called him this is what happened:

Me - I need help. I’m going to explain to you what I’m looking for and hopefully you can tell me what they're called.
Andrew - Ok.
Me - You know what a cubicle looks like? You know how there are those things that hold them together?
Andrew - …?
Me – When you have two sections of panels and you need to hold them together there are those things…
Andrew – I know what you mean I just don’t know what they are called.

He then proceeded to go to the site I was looking on.

Andrew – I think I found them.

Mind you about 2 seconds had gone by.

Me – What did you type in?
Andrew – Cubicle.

I typed Cubicle in the search.

Me – grumble grumble That is exactly what I was looking for.
Andrew – Did you try using Google to figure out what they were called?
Me – No because I wanted to order them from this specific site.
Andrew – The Google machine can still help you figure out what they’re called.
Me – Yeah well I didn’t think of that.
Andrew - You just need more experience Googling stuff.
Pause…
Me – I’m missing the part of my brain that knows stuff.

0 comments: