I Can't Drive 55!

Monday, March 31, 2008 Posted In , , Edit This 3 Comments »
Happy Birthday Juanita!


In case you were wondering Juanita is me. My birthday was Friday and I celebrated with my family Friday night and with some friends Saturday night at a local Mexican food restaurant. When it came time to sing the birthday song the employees of the restaurant told me my name was Juanita…? I had a few drinks by that time, so it was funny.

I’m like a little kid when it comes to my birthday; I always get so excited about it. I think it’s so much fun to have a party and get everyone together. Oh and... it’s more of a birthweek than a birthday. I mean why not celebrate for a whole week? I think it’s a good idea.

For my birthday I was given:

  • A Nikon Coolpix S51 (which is pretty sweet) and a diamond heart shaped necklace (diamonds are my favorite) from Andrew. He is such a good listener; he got me exactly what I wanted. Many kisses are sent your way Andrew. XOXO
  • A necklace and small stuffed bear that had a note that said “Bear Hug from Montana.” It’s super cute. The bear also had some chocolates with huckleberry filling attached. If you haven’t ever had huckleberries before I demand you try something huckleberry. It’s pretty much one of my favorite flavors. Mmmmmmmm. Thank you Donna and Gary (Andrew’s parents).
  • A gift card to MAC makeup. I adore MAC thank you so much Julie (Poop).
  • A necklace, bracelet, and free visit for hair maintenance. Thank you Tovi! I will see you tomorrow for some good hair TLC!
  • Cupcakes, a candle, and the movie 13 Going on 30. Thank you Annie and Jim! I apologize if you think our house stinks, but I like the candle anyway. *wink wink*
  • A speeding ticket and the money to pay for it. Thanks Mom and Dad (for the money that is)! Yep that’s right I got a speeding ticket on my birthday. I was on my way to work and I was running a little late, so I guess I was speeding a little. Ok so maybe I was going 24 miles over the speed limit, but that’s not the point. Ok so it is the point, but it was my birthday, so I thought the highway patrol would take pity on me, but nooooo of course not. Why would he do something like that? He did only give me a ticket for 10 miles over the speed limit which was nice of him cause I’m sure he could have taken my license away or arrested me or something similar. In my defense I haven’t been caught speeding before had a speeding ticket before, but apparently that also counts for nothing. I definitely should have cried when he told me he was giving me a ticket, but I didn’t. Why? I don’t know, maybe it had something to with me thinking about blogging about the incident instead of thinking about what was going on. I did cry when I got to my office though, but only a little. Thanks a lot Mr. Officer for making me cry on my birthday, I hope you're happy with yourself. Yes I know I was in the wrong and I go the speed limit now (on the mine road), but still making someone cry on their birthday isn’t very nice. Did I mention that I was driving a company vehicle? Not a big deal, but I thought I would add it anyway.
  • I also got some pretty cute cards, so thank you to everyone else too. I thoroughly enjoyed your company and I think we had a pretty good time. Don’t worry Angie that commercial with the shuttle-cock stuck in that guy’s leg is not real.

I have a pretty awesome group of friends and family. Thank you everyone for being so awesome.

Left to right: Annie & Jim, Andrew, Julie (hiding behind Andrew), Tovi, Troy, Angie & Bryon, and in the fun sombrero is me (Juanita)

3 comments:

Emily Main said...

oh hooray! It sounds like you had a fabulous birthday! ... minus the ticket... but like you said, you got to blog about it ;) That is the upside to bad things that happen to you while you have a blog... you always think, "At least Ican make this funny, and reacall my tale with others for sympathy!" Because hey, isn't that what blogging is all about?

Happy (belated) Birthday. Looking forward to your photo challenge with the new cam!

Allie Mama said...

What she forgot to say was that Kris and I sang, "I Can't Drive 55" for her. It was quite good (well maybe not good, but it was!). She came down to our office to see us, and I just happened to have two "5" candles. So we put them on two little frosted donuts. It was so special.

Le Petit Chic said...

Ohh, happy belated birthday!! And what a bummer about the speeding ticket :( They have to write your birthdate down on the tickets here in VA (don't ask me how I know that!) so you think the cop would have noticed and been a little nicer!