What's the Point...

Friday, March 14, 2008 Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »
in going to the doctor if they aren't really going to tell you what's wrong with you? I mean they went to school for how long and they aren't really giving you any good information. Or at least that's how I'm feeling at the moment.

I was feeling pretty lucky because I hadn't gotten sick like everyone else in the area and it finally came around to bite me in the butt. I started to get a tickle in my throat on Tuesday and it just escalated from there. I didn't go to work yesterday or today, because I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate me hacking (coughing) all over the place. I actually don't cough very often, but when I do it sucks large anus and just now as I'm writing this I had a sneezing fit that didn't treat me too nicely. It also hurts to talk for long periods of time and if you know me at all you know that it's practically impossible for me to be quiet.

I called yesterday to get an appointment with the doctor and there weren't any available, so they gave me one for today. While on the phone the nurse asked what the problem was and I told her I have a soar throat and my head hurts. So today I stayed home from work to go to my doctor's appointment and when I got there I had to fill out a million forms (all with practically the same information on them and yes I am exaggerating, but I'm sick...so there), then when they called me back the nurse asked me what the problem was, so I told her. She took my vitals and told me the doctor would be in shortly. A little while later the doctor came in, sat down, and asked what the problem was. Seriously it says on the paper right in front of you what is wrong with me and I'm pretty sure the lady in here before you wrote down that it hurts for me to talk. Anyway...he listened to my breathing, looked in my ears, nose and mouth and asked, "Did she take a throat swab?" I said no, so he just walked out. A minute later the nurse walked in and said, "Was it you I was supposed to give the throat swab to, because he said 'give him a throat swab?'" Well as you can see I'm not a man, but yes I am the one that needs a throat swab. (Apparently the throat swab will tell if I have Strep. throat or not.)

The doctor came back in and said, "the test came back negative, but I'm going to treat you for Strep. anyway." Ummm ok...I guess...Whatever you say. You're the doctor right?

I apologize if this was an incoherent rambling of a sick person (physically, not mentally), but I wanted to do something other than sleep and shovel cough drops into my mouth like they were candy. I hope you are all feeling well.

Oh and there are a couple of good things to come out of being sick: Andrew is taking good care of me and I have insurance! Woohoo!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You could have had strep.. Gavin's test didn't turn positive when he had it until awhile later, then the doctor went "oh, he DOES have strep!" after getting ready to tell them he just had a cold lol Poor little boy had to get a shot in the rear.

Hopefully you start feeling better soon! :)

Futuristics said...

NICE Blog :)