Werd To Yer Mutha

Thursday, May 22, 2008 Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »
Dearest Mother Nature,

Let me start off by saying you’re so beautiful. I am in awe of the existence that is you. In my book you’re pretty awesome (my book doesn’t count for much, but still). Thank you for the wonderful sunsets, sunrises, rainbows, and cute little bunnies.

Now that the pleasantries are out of the way I can move on to the real reason for this letter.

It is now May 22 of 2008. May. Not January. It’s snowing. Not cool.

Yesterday it was cold and raining.

Two days ago the wind was blowing so hard you couldn’t see five feet in front of you because the sky was filled with dust.

What happened to the clear skies and 90 degree weather we just had about three days ago?

I would complain about the fact that we went straight from winter to summer skipping spring altogether, but I would prefer warm weather to snow any day.

Then there is this contest I like to compete in every week. You may have heard of it it’s called the Exposaroonie Challenge. If you haven’t heard of it you should definitely check it out. Ashley and Emily did a fantastic job creating it.

The fact that you are being all schizo and changing the weather all the time is making it difficult for me to take my challenge photo. The challenge this week is to take a picture of nature’s softer side and because I’m such a procrastinator I haven’t been able to take a picture of you being soft. The photo is due tonight. TONIGHT. Do you think you could hold off on your PMS for a couple of days, so I can take a decent picture of you and do some yard work? Even if it’s only long enough to take a picture I can handle that, yard work isn’t my favorite anyway.

I don’t know if you’re just having a bad month or your boyfriend broke up with you, but it’ll be alright. You’re better than him (or her, I don’t know what your preference is) and the pain will go away. Don’t take your anger out on us.

Pretty please with a great big cherry tree on top stop this bad weather nonsense. I along with many others would really appreciate it.

Much love and many thanks,

Allison

2 comments:

Katelin said...

yeah the weather is definitely acting crazy here too. 100 degrees last week and now we're in the 60s, i really don't get it sometimes.

ALF said...

Thanks for this - we are throwing my dad's 60th surprise birthday party TOMORROW and it's supposed to be 56 degrees and raining. What the heck? Rain? This is the desert? It doesn't rain except when I am trying to throw a party. Sheesh.