An Award...For Me? You Shouldn't Have

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 Posted In , , Edit This 7 Comments »
My lovely friend, Miranda, over at Keeper of the Cheerios has given me an award. Let me just say I AM SO EXCITED!! Thank you so much for thinking that I/my blog deserve such an honor. I had resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't ever going to receive an award and I was ok with that. As long as I can continue to write and people stop by and say hi I'm down with that.


I have known Miranda in real life since we were 6 years old. We both moved to Winnemucca in first grade and started school in the same class on the first day back from Christmas break. Not only did we start at the same time in the same class, but we were both late that day because we had doctor's appointments. We were BFF from the very beginning. I wish I had the picture of us smiling as big as we possibly could missing several of our teeth. Those were the good ole days. Not that these aren't good days, but those were the days when the only thing we had to worry about was what fluffy dress we were going to wear to school and which Barbie we wanted to play with.
Miranda - thank you again for the award. You are the best!
Now it's time to nominate 7 blogs that I feel deserve the love. It's difficult to pick only 7 because there are so many great ones, so I'm going to pick 8 (I like even numers better anyway):
Anna (aka ALF) - I Shot a Man in Reno
Emily - EmilyPie
Sarah - Sarah said
Colleen - See Sherm Blog
Kerri - simply, me.
There you go ladies. Display your award proudly on your blog (if you want to). Link it to the person who gave you the award, nominate 7 others, and link their blogs on your blog. Last but not least, leave a comment on their blog letting them know that they've been chosen!

7 comments:

ALF said...

You are too sweet. Thank you so much.

Sarah said...

wow thank you! You just made my day!

sarah marie p said...

Awww, thanks Allison! That is the cutest award! I love it! Thanks for thinking of me! :)

Emily Main said...

awww.. thanks a bunch! :D

Unknown said...

Thanks!!! :)

DJ Kirkby said...

Oh congrats! I liked your story of your long term RL friend. I too have one of those, friends since we were 9 years old.

Ashley said...

awwww. yayayayay!! thanks so much! so exciting. i'm glad you like my blog :)