Puttin' on the Ritz

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 Posted In Edit This 5 Comments »
This clip is from the movie Young Frankenstein, which apparently is my dad's favorite movie.



One day my mom and I were sitting in the truck waiting for my dad and the song "Puttin' on the Ritz" came on. She started singing it like Frankenstein in the clip. This really doesn't phase me because this is what she does. She then proceeded to tell that the way she was singing was because of the movie and if she sang that part to my dad he would know exactly what she was singing. There was no doubt in her mind that he would get it right away.

Well when my dad returned to the truck I reminded her to sing for my dad. She belted it out in her best impersonation of Frankenstein and my dad looked at her wide eyed and said "did you just say oompa loompa?" I died right then. That was one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed. Keep in mind that I am easily amused. She just knew he would get it and when she crooned "puttin on the riiiiitz" in that special voice of hers he DID NOT get it. I love my parents. They continually fuel my need for laughter.

5 comments:

sarah marie p said...

What a funny story! Your parents sound like a lot of fun! My parents also love that movie btw.

Mermanda said...

Haha! Cute! I think I'd have a lot in common with your mom. :)

Anonymous said...

hahah, your parents are super adorable :)

Allie Mama said...

That was a sad day I tell you. My saving grace was that he was obviously distracted by something. We're usually on the same wavelength. He was having an off day -- we're all entitled!

La Petite Chic said...

Ha ha! That's so cute though :)