Winter Wonderland...

Monday, December 15, 2008 Posted In , Edit This 8 Comments »
...my ass. It's snowing today. When I went out to start my work truck this morning everything was covered in snow.

My original plan was to complain about snow, but because I don't want to be a complete debbie downer I'll give a list of complaints and praises.

I'll start with complaints, so that I'm ending this post on a happy note.

Complaints:
  • I don't particularly like the cold, therefore I don't particularly like snow. Right now it's 22 degrees.
  • People drive like lunatics when the weather changes even the slightest little bit.
  • I have to drive on the freeway part of the way to work and this morning the visibility was about 20 feet in front of me. The only thing I could see other than a white sheet of snow were the red lights of the vehicle in front of me.
  • I hate how mesmerizing the snow is while you're driving. It's like hey look at me I'm so cool, oops yeah that would be the rumble strip you're driving on.
  • I haven't been officially diagnosed by a doctor, but I'm pretty sure I have adult ADD and snow is distracting. I mean really distracting. Stupid snow.
  • Probably one of the worst things ever is when someone rubs it in your face or smashes your face into it. That's rude and just plain mean, so don't do it. Alright?
  • The roads get so crappy and it's hard to drive like that. I get all sweaty, nervous, white knuckled, and I clench my teeth. Those are not a fun combination in any situation, but especially when it's snowing outside.
  • Ice is usually a part of the equation when snow is involved. Not only is it possible for vehicles to slide around, but I'm a big ole klutz and I have to be extra careful not to fall on my face.
  • Did I mention that it's cold?
  • I hate tracking snow/ water into the house and stepping on it bare foot or in socks.
  • Having to drive 45 m.p.h. in a 75 m.p.h. zone stinks.
Praises:
  • Snowball fights can be fun...if I'm in the mood for it.
  • I would love to build a snowman, because I've never built one before.
  • I like the crunch sound snow makes when walking in it.
Yeah so there aren't many things I can find to praise snow about, but I'm ok with it. If it could snow and leave the roads alone we could probably be friends, but because it interferes with my driving abilities we are totally not on speaking terms.

Mother nature can do amazing things and be absolutely gorgeous, unfortunately beauty isn't always a pretty princess, she can be a total bitch. I'm just sayin'.

Ok that's all the complaining I will do for now. I hope everyone is having a happy holiday season and don't let my bad mood rub off on you. I'm looking forward to having next week off. I'm not however looking forward to the drive to Montana.

8 comments:

ALF said...

I LOVE snow. Plus, this is Nevada and we can use all the precipitation we can get!

Allison said...

ALF - Yeah I guess that's true. That can be another praise. I still don't like driving in it though. ;)

Sara McGinness said...

I know what you are saying, I love it but I am so glad that I don't have to leave the house today- I hate driving in snow.

Anonymous said...

i'm so with you. i hate the snow. and the cold. both of which describe the current weather conditions here now. which blows.
dah.

Katelin said...

i'm going to the snow this weekend for the first time in two years and i'm sort of really excited, snow ball fights are clutch. as are snow angels, woo.

Unknown said...

I hate snow too! I can't actually think of anything good about it.. but I am looking forward to taking the kids sledding. I'm just so not a winter person.

I had to find out the hard way that if my van doors don't get closed ALL the way, they literally FREEZE shut and I'm sure my neighbors were watching me through the windows laughing.. I wrestled with them for like 10 minutes before I finally had to get Jon's help. Maybe I'm just a wimp lol

sarah marie p said...

Yuck. No me likey this winter business! Can't wait for the sun to come out again and it to freakin warm up! Hope you are somehow staying warm in Montana! Eeee! Even more frozen-ness!

Unknown said...

so I know living in the snow must be a pain but still I would trade you for a day :)