Chocolate Milkshake

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
Painting is coming along very nicely now. We finally have the house painted we just need to finish the trim. This is my favorite part. I really enjoy painting and I can finally do something. The primer and the base coat were primarily done by Andrew because he used the paint sprayer, so I was not really able to do any painting. Now it is my turn.

Last night I got home from work, I put the primer coat on the shed, and then I started painting the trim. I like trying to be precise, I told Andrew it is like I am a little kid again trying to color inside the lines. Unfortunately, like when I was a kid, I make mistakes. Thankfully with the help of the base color it can be fixed.

I am finally getting to the point that I am happy we started this project. In the beginning I hated it, the prep was horrible and I was sorry I volunteered to do this. The other night I almost had a breaking point during clean up. I absolutely hate to be sprayed in the face with water, it doesn't matter who does it or if it is meant in fun...I HATE IT. I was cleaning the buckets and I sprayed the hose inside to clean it out. The water came right back up in my face. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I hate that. I had to stop cleaning and attend to my soaked face. I walked into the garage and grabbed a rag from the car and wiped my face with it. At this point is when I realized this is the rag I wiped up some Mineral Spirits with. Mineral Spirits is paint thinner. It stinks and I'm sure it isn't good for your complexion. I felt my eyes welling up with tears and Andrew told me it was ok I should go inside and wash my face. He finished cleaning up my buckets and gave me a hug. I started to feel better and I don't think I completely lost it.

It is all slowly paying off and I'm happy we decided to paint the house ourselves. By the way our house looks like a giant chocolate milkshake. Our color choices, in my opinion, were great.

0 comments: