Nothing Like the Smell of Paint in the Evening

Friday, September 14, 2007 Posted In , Edit This 1 Comment »
Just a quick update of our progress. We were finally able to start painting last night. Unfortunately we weren't able to make it the whole way around the house before dark, but we will be able to finish the primer tonight. After we finish we have to go to my parent's house to help set up for a yard sale they are having tomorrow. Yay yard sale! Making money is never a bad thing, but parting with all of our good junk is.

After the yard sale we will have to pack everything up and return home to start the base coat. I think things are finally coming together and we just might have this house painted before winter. Once again I am not holding my breath, but it is starting to look good.

Quick story: the other night Andrew and I went to my parent's house and my aunt is in town to help with the yard sale. She is hilarious and I really enjoy our visits when she is in town. She asked Andrew what color we are painting the house and he told her in all seriousness, "Purple with orange trim." She sorta cringed and said, "Really?" Andrew replied, "Yeah why not? I think those colors go quite well together." He then looked at me with my aunt sitting right there and said, "I think she really believed me for a second."

1 comments:

ALF said...

I hope the painting is going well!