"The Land That Green Forgot"

Thursday, December 20, 2007 Posted In , Edit This 1 Comment »
Last night was our company Christmas dinner. We went to a nice, fairly new, Basque restaurant. I ordered the Lamb Chops. I hadn't eaten lamb before last night, so I guess it was time to try it. I told Andrew quite a while ago that the next time we went out to eat and lamb was on the menu I would try it. He called me on it last night and I was pleasantly surprised. There wasn't much meat to it, but the meat that was there was very good. I also really enjoyed the soup, beans, salad, and bread. It could have been the fact that I was so hungry by the time we ate that I would have been satisfied with just about anything, but it really was an enjoyable dinner.

A few of the topics discussed at the dinner table last night:
  • Trucks
  • An undisclosed man's buttcrack that goes on for days
  • My boss's wife trying to sell everything he owns (she works in sales)
  • Trucks
  • Men sitting to pee
  • My boss was bent down to tie his shoelaces and one of the guys said, "While you're down there..." How original.
  • My boss's son ate all of the jelly filled doughnuts that did not belong to him. His response, "No name fair game." And, "They looked so good I had to have one and once you've had one...well...you have to have 5 more."
  • Trucks (I'm not saying this to be annoying, this is really how many times they talked about trucks, which if you didn't know already I am not interested in.)

When Andrew got home from work yesterday he came through the front door which is a rare occasion. He usually enters the house through the garage. I greeted him at the door and he handed me an envelope that had been sitting outside. Our lovely neighbors Annie and Jim left us a Christmas card on the doorstep which included a letter inside. Jim wrote what I think is the quote of the year, Winnemucca is "the land that green forgot." What more can I say? I mean this is the epitome of greatness. If you live in Nevada, anywhere other than Lake Tahoe, this should hit home.

We are leaving for Montana tomorrow, so... Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year just in case I'm not able to write for a while. We will be gone until January 6th! I'm so excited.

1 comments:

ALF said...

In Florida we had neighbors named Annie & Jim!

Have a very Merry Christmas!