I Never Knew It Was A Big Deal

Friday, February 01, 2008 Posted In Edit This 7 Comments »
I am currenty working a temporary job for a couple of weeks for a mining company in our area. They have an office in town which houses most of the human resources department. If you have ever wondered what the HR department talks about I am about to tell you (don't worry I won't divulge all your secrets).

Yesterday several of the ladies were talking about bras. That caught my attention, so I started listening to what they were saying. One of them noticed I was now listening to them and she asked me, "How do you put your bra on?" I was confused at first because I wasn't aware that there was an abundance of ways. She then went on to ask, "Do you clasp your bra in the front and twist it around or do you put your bra on and then reach your arms around back to clasp it?" Seven women were polled and four out of the seven clasp their bras in the front and twist it to the back, two put on their bra and clasp in back, and one wears sports bras all the time. If there is any interest in knowing, I clasp my bra in front and then twist it.

Now you know what the ladies in HR talk about. Aren't you jealous you don't get to do my job?

7 comments:

ALF said...

I put it on and clasp in the back.

I know you were wondering.

Allison said...

I was definitely wondering. Thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha. Seriously, you need to measure how long the arms are of the gals reaching all the way around their backs to clasp their bra. I was under the impression the universal convention was to snap in the front and then twist. At least, that's what I do. haha. :)

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I'm a slip my arms through the front and reach around the back kinda gal myself. Info for the poll, you know.

Emily Main said...

out of curiosity, I had to poll my readers about this too.

ChrisB said...

Oh there's definitely an art to putting on a bra!

Le Petit Chic said...

Found you through Emily Pie. I had to laugh at this post because I work in HR too and we certainly talk about some random things in my office! And for the record, I'm a clasp in front and twist around and up girl :)