You Wanna Do What To My Hair?

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 Posted In Edit This 6 Comments »
I had to go to our local clinic today for a physical and drug screen for my new job. Let me start by saying it was such a pain. As you might have read here you know I hate doing a urine test. Today I managed to make it through peeing in a cup with out urinating all over myself (score for me). The worst part of today was not only did I have to pee in a cup, but my company also requires a hair sample to be taken. Apparently drugs can stay in your hair for a long time and it is a pretty accurate indicator of whether or not you have done drugs. The nurse asked me to sit in a chair and she separated my hair and cut a chunk out of the back at the root. That's right I said a chunk. I was very unhappy when I turned around and saw the amount of hair she cut off. It isn't at all noticable when you look at my hair, but I found the spot later in no time at all. Yes I am bitter, but I will get over it.

While I was sitting in the waiting room a guy and his 3 or 4 year old daughter walked in. I then witnessed this conversation between the two of them:

Girl - "What is that?"
Dad - "Chalk."
Girl - "Cock?"
Dad - "Chhhalllk."
Girl - "...Cock!"

I thought to myself oh the innocence of youth...how cute.

6 comments:

ALF said...

way to go on the peeing - I am so proud!

Allie Mama said...

With as much hair as you have, she could have cut out half and you'd still have twice as much as most people. Take that from the one who carried you close to her heart for nine months and had the heart burn to prove it. I was told that my heart burn was caused by carrying a baby with lots of hair -- Guess what?!! "They" were right!

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Seriously? You should send them the bill the next time you get your hair done. Mutilation shouldn't be part of getting any job. That does suck.

ALF said...

Today is the day I come to Winnemucca. That pretty much makes it the best day EVER!

JENN said...

Uh! I hate that test! LOL - Allie Mama, thats what my Mom said when I had the same test! Now I believe her about the heart burn. After giving birth to a little girl with a hairdo... my heartburn disappeared.

Unknown said...

Good job not peeing on yourself! lol