Dirty Mouth?...Clean It Up!

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »


Recently Andrew brought to my attention that the mouthwash we use is no good, and by no good I mean I'm never using it again.


Before reading the site that I linked to above Andrew and I both really liked this mouthwash. It doesn't burn the bajeebus out of your mouth, you can swish it for more than a few seconds, and it seemed to get the job done...Right? Well after the above reading I don't know. There are several accounts of brown spots on the teeth, loss of taste, and long term damage. WTF? Are my teeth really looking dingier? I'm pretty sure that I didn't lose any taste, but I've been known to pay little attention to details like this.


One of the things that really bothers me about reading this article was the fact that the active ingredient is cetylpyridinium chloride which is apparently toxic. This person states that the concentration is probably small enough that it probably won't have any effect in small amounts, but what about in the long term. We've been using this mouthwash for around a year now and I really hope that it doesn't affect our teeth or health (it probably won't, but I'm just sayin'). I'm thinkin' that maybe the mad scientists that came up with this stuff were patting themselves on the back. They are secretly laughing all the way to the bank with our money while our mouths and innards are rotting away. Not funny guys. Not funny at all. I hope you're proud of yourselves.
I'm now back to using Listerine again and although it burns something fierce it does a good job. Thank you Mr. Cresty pants for your semi-toxic product. I appreciate it.

2 comments:

DJ Kirkby said...

OOOh scary!!!! They don't sell Crest products over here that I know of, at least not undeer the Crest name, maybe they use a diffrent name...yipes! Congratulations, you are the winner of this week's wordless Wednesday! C'mon over and collect your winner's badge.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

YIKES!! I've been using the "white" version of this. It's almost gone so I'll toss it. Thanks for the heads up!