S*** or Get Off the Pot

Monday, April 07, 2008 Posted In , Edit This 2 Comments »
Today I have a guest blogger. Her name is "Allie Mama" and she just so happens to be my Mom. She saw my post for my proposal challenge and decided she wanted to participate. She doesn't have a blog of her own, so I told her she could be a guest blogger.

Here is her story...
The guilty party involved in the following story


"Ok, so here goes. This is for the proposal challenge.
The year was 1989. We’d been living together for two years in perfect harmony. Every once in a while, Bob would say something like, “Maybe we should think about getting married.” Then he’d drop it and say something like, “Do you think it’s going to snow today?” About that time I’d want to knock him in the head. Well me being me, I decided to make him put up or shut up. Whenever I had something on my mind, I’d pull out the old pen and paper and write it down for all eternity. So that’s what I did!
It was New Year’s Eve eve, and he was working swing shift. When he got home there was a note on the table that said how happy I was with the way things were, but that if he wanted to take it to the next step – ask. Otherwise shut up and let’s just be happy. So in he comes and sits down on the bed. “Um, Um, Um, Um (I’m thinking oh brother!!). So about five minutes later, he popped the question. So I sat up and said, “Um, Um, Um, Um (I figured he deserved that!). So we decided to get married on New Year’s Eve. My Dad and daughter were the witnesses. We went to the Justice of the Peace and got married on a commercial during the big football game. Talk about your Hallmark moments. It was pure romance from start to finish. Anyway, it was meant to be!
New Year’s Eve is our anniversary, and it’s also the day we met at the company holiday party. The first year we met and danced at the stroke of midnight. We had a most romantic “hug” that year. I didn’t see him again until the next year. He got a “kiss” that year and that led to us getting together. That is a story for another challenge."

2 comments:

The Ex said...

I love it! I had my mom guestpost once too and it's great. Hi Ma!

ALF said...

That story is so cute. I love it!