Back to School

Monday, August 25, 2008 Posted In , Edit This 9 Comments »
It’s that time again; time for school to start. Summer is officially coming to an end. Sad.

I start my geology class tomorrow night at the local college. Am I excited? I’m torn. I’m happy to be dipping my toe into the pool of education again, but I have to admit I’m not really interested in geology. You might be asking why I’m even taking this class. I originally signed up for a photography class and I figured I was already taking one class I might as well sign up for a class that will help me at work. Well… the college cancelled my photography class and now I’m stuck with geology. I could withdraw from it, but I already paid for it and in the end my employer will reimburse me for most of it.

As some of you might know I am an aspiring photographer, NOT an aspiring geologist therefore this is going to be a tough few months. My last day is December 11, not that I’m counting or anything, so please be kind if I’m not able to blog as much. I really will try to keep up, but I might have to stab my eyes out due to the fact that I don’t get geology.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

aww that sucks. School starting is always so bittersweet. Who knows geology might surprise you!

ALF said...

Who knows - maybe you'll love it!

Unknown said...

You never know how a class will impact you. My favorite class in college (well next to wine tasting) was a class on sexual selection (evolution) and it was because the teacher was awesome. So who knows! Plus maybe you can shock your honey will all your new-found wisdom.

You last day is on my birthday! Double the celebration! lol!

sarah marie p said...

Sorry about your photography class -- that's a bummer-- but like sarah & alf said -- maybe geology will turn out AOK! That's cool your work pays for the class! neato! i wanna go back to school!

Katelin said...

i took geology in college and ummm. well i hate all sciences so that should tell you right there how i did, haha. but at least i had friends in the class, that made it better.

Anonymous said...

let's hope today isn't too painful for you! You need your eyes, woman! :) Have fun!

DJ Kirkby said...

Oh poor you, that is so unfair! Well perhaps you will learn about some interesting rocks that you will then want to go photograph?

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I went back to school at 28 for two years. Up until I got pregnant with the Girl. I miss it sometimes. I'm kind of a delayed geek. I hated school as a kid but love it now.

AmyK said...

I'm going back to school next Monday. I'm taking an Environmental Science class.
I have no idea what that has to do with a degree in English...
Hope it goes well... or as well as it can for a geology class.