The Odd Couple

Friday, August 22, 2008 Posted In , , Edit This 6 Comments »
I read this entry from Katie and it gave me inspiration. Thanks Katie!

I have never spoken of my past relationships on my blog and it's for good reason. I am a believer in moving forward and not dwelling on the past. I also believe that you learn from your mistakes and they should make you stronger. That being said you should never forget your past, just store it away in your mind so that you don’t do the same things in the future.

I, like Katie and so many others, “changed” myself for what I thought a guy wanted. I was in a long roller coaster of a relationship in high school and a few years after. I was constantly trying to please someone that could not be pleased. I truly believe that he thrived on being better than me and making me miserable. Of course I could not see that while it was happening because I was too busy trying to be something I was not. At that point I was young, confused, easily swayed, and needing acceptance. Like I said, I was too busy trying to please others that I forgot about the most important person of all. Me. I don’t want to sound conceited, but your own happiness is so important. It’s so much easier to make someone else happy when you yourself are happy.

When I met Andrew I felt like a new person. I finally knew what I wanted and that was him. I was very persistent in my endeavor to win him over. Hold on a second… shouldn’t that have been the other way around? Anyway… like I said I was very persistent. I don’t know if I finally wore him down or if he realized what a catch I was (*snort* excuse me, I just had to laugh at myself), either way I got what I wanted.

I’ve always been myself with Andrew. What you see is what you get… kind of. In public I try to behave myself for the most part, but when we are alone I burp, fart and anything else you can think of that would only be done in the presence of someone as close to you as a relative. TMI? Well… that’s me… no apologies for that.

I’m so thankful for the bond that Andrew and I have. I’ve never felt as close to someone as I do to him. He understands me (for the most part) and he’s ok with my flaws. He always knows what to say to make me feel better and he ALWAYS knows when something is bothering me.

We are two completely different people yet we have so many similarities. He is more rational and logical. I am more random and spur of the moment. We even each other out and we mesh so beautifully together. We enjoy lounging around watching tv, eating cereal for dinner, and for the most part we both have the same sense of style.

Andrew - I love you for you and I'm so happy and thankful that you love me for me.

6 comments:

La Petite Chic said...

After not being able to be yourself, isn't it just wonderful to be accepted for who you truly are? I'm glad you found a guy who loves you for you. :)

ALF said...

You two are so freakin cute.

Unknown said...

hmmm, that was sickeningly sweet. lol

But I love seeing you so happy! It's great to have my friend back to herself... even if it includes the GIGANTIC burps!

sarah marie p said...

It's so nice that you found the person where you can really be you! You two sound like a great match together! And that picture is really adorable!

Sarah said...

That is so sweet! Isn't love lovely?!

Unknown said...

What a cute picture!! Oh and I NEVER fart. Brodie does an awful lot though. I'm surprised Cale hasn't taken him to the vet (p.s. if you didn't get that, I blame the dog for my farts... haha)