Come on Over...We Finally Have Somewhere For You to Sit

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 Posted In , , Edit This 8 Comments »
I've been neglecting my blog for far too long. I’m not going to make excuses for myself and why I’ve been such a slacker, I’m just going to move forward. With that said…

On Friday Andrew and I woke up and decided we wanted to go to McDonald’s for breakfast, go to the hardware store to pick up a few things for the deck, and come home to work on the deck. You know how sometimes things just don’t go as you planned? Umm yeah that would be us on Friday.
I remembered that we got a flier in the mail from a local furniture store stating that they were having a big sale over the weekend, and we decided we would go check it out because we need to replace the appliances in the kitchen. (Side note: we would like to sell the house at some point and we most definitely need to replace several things in the house which includes the refrigerator, range, microwave, dishwasher, etc.) It turns out they didn’t have anything we would actually like to purchase, so we perused the furniture. You know just to look around.

As we wandered through the store we came upon the couch section. It’s always fun to try them out and imagine buying one. Whenever we are in Reno we go into the JC Penney Homestore and sit on our favorite couch in hopes that they would be having a sale we couldn’t refuse. Unfortunately that day has not happened thus far. The fortunate part is that our local store WAS having a sale and we found a couch that we just couldn’t refuse. It was love at first site or sit if you will (if you believe in that sort of thing).

As we were walking past we saw it, it called our names, we gave in to the temptation and made ourselves comfortable. It was beautiful. It was meant to be. The couch was on sale, it was so incredibly comfortable, and we really did need a new couch. The couch we had left no room for anyone else to sit in the living room, it was broken, and it didn’t go with the design we had in mind for our space.

It just so happens that I went to school with the son of the store owner. When I reminded her who I was she exclaimed, “OH you’re the little hottie all the boys used to talk about!” I think I died for a minute just then. Wait a minute…What? Thanks for the compliment, but I’m about 99% sure that the boys you are thinking of never thought that way about me. It was a nice confidence booster, but you don’t have to lie to get us to buy the couch.

By the time we traveled back and forth from the store to our house, to our friend’s house to ask them to borrow their trailer to haul our behemoth couch home, it was too late to work on the deck. Bummer.

We are far from having a complete room, but we have a good start with an amazing new couch. What do you think?

8 comments:

ALF said...

Wow - very exciting!

sarah marie p said...

It looks so big and comfy! Now you can have lots of company over! That's so awesome it was on sale too! Congrats! New furniture is indeed exciting!

Julie said...

It DOES look comfy. I'm down with comfy. Big time. I'm also down with hard to stand up from. That's when you know you did good!

Blicious said...

love the couch! great color. i need a new couch soooooooo ba. furniture is so expensive!

Blicious said...

love the couch! great color. i need a new couch soooooooo ba. furniture is so expensive!

Katelin said...

oh that couch looks amazingly comfy.

Unknown said...

That looks so comfy!! What a perfect purchase. I love couches that color and that is huge!! You will definitely be able to entertain now!

Unknown said...

lol I always loved his mom!

Nice new couch! I love getting new furniture.