I am so Gangsta

Thursday, September 18, 2008 Posted In , Edit This 16 Comments »
Last night was my first hip hop class. Hi! Have we met? I’m one of the whitest girls you will ever meet. I haven’t ever taken a hip hop class before and I think it just might be the death of me.

My good friend Tovi is teaching this class and I thought what the heck that should be fun. Well friends let me tell you something; I have done approximately 0.000 exercising in the past four years and I’m feeling it today. Everything hurts. I want to take a hot bubble bath right now and have a drink (preferably something with alcohol in it).

So far so good, but it’s not going to be an easy. Throughout the class I thought to myself you want me to do what with my body? Top rock, huh? And when we started learning some simple freezes (simple?) I thought I was going to break my head off. It was not pretty. I think I’m too old for this. The easiest freeze she taught was putting your head on the floor, your hands on the floor in front of you shoulder width apart, and balancing with your knees on your arms? Does that make sense? I didn’t think so. Anyway…after class I told my friend that my head was saying, “Hey your butt isn’t supposed to be up there. What the heck?”

Sometime in early June next year we will be having a recital, so hopefully by then I won’t look like I’m seizuring about on the stage.

Here’s a picture of my interpretation of what hip hop looks like. This was taken right before I walked out the door to go to class. Peace out!


16 comments:

sarah marie p said...

You are soooooo gansta to the max! Hardcore, yo! I say you should totally post a video of your dance after your recital! I wanna seeee!

ALF said...

you are funny.

Unknown said...

Wow!! Go you! I could never ever do that.. just because I have absolutely no rhythm. A recital?? Man you are going to be serious hard core!

Katelin said...

haha that sounds awesome. good luck in hip hop class.

DJ Kirkby said...

Ha great post! I wouldn't even attempt this, you are very brave...

Allie Mama said...

Word from your mutha -- be careful with those strange contortions. You might stick like that!!

As young as you are, it's a good thing you have full medical coverage!

ALF said...

Dude. So sorry I missed you this weekend. We were dead from doing yard work. I think I went to sleep at 8pm. Are you coming back to town for So You Think You Can Dance???

ALF said...

Dude. So sorry I missed you this weekend. We were dead from doing yard work. I think I went to sleep at 8pm. Are you coming back to town for So You Think You Can Dance???

well-intentioned heartbreaker said...

hahah! i love that you went. and that you have a recital!
sounds like a blast.
and yeah, you totally nailed "hip hop" in your picture ;)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for reading my story and commenting! It really means a lot!

About this post, it reminds me of MADE on MTV. Haha! I hope you have a blast taking this class!

Anonymous said...

So gangsta!!! Haha. I didn't know Tovi was teaching dance!! Where are you taking the class??? It sounds like a blast! Have fun!!! You will so be awesome at it!!!

Marketing Gurl said...

Hey thanks for stopping by. I love your blog. I love the hip hop pose too! Ha Ha...glad you found me and I am adding you to my blog roll because I like your humor!

Unknown said...

lol I so wish I lived there so I could suffer through it with you! Remember Dance camp in high school? I remember every single muscle in my body hurting that week. :p But I'd do just about anything to be that fit again.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I've taken hip-hop classes...or as I like to call them, full body seizure classes. Cuz that's what this white girl looks like.

Julie said...

LOVE IT. I took break dancing classes back in the day. Of course, I am a billion years older than you. It was actually pretty fun.... Hoping for a video.....

Daddy Dan said...

At least you have the look down!