Fabulous Weekend

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 Posted In , , , Edit This 8 Comments »
This past weekend was pretty fantastic, so I am going to share with you what went down.


Friday - We joined some friends of ours for breakfast and had a great time chatting and catching up.


Saturday - Andrew decided he wanted to take a break from the deck and make a trip to Reno. I'm always up for anything that gets us away from Winnemucca for a couple of days. When we got to town we went to the new Scheels that was just opened last weekend. It was amazing. That store is huge. It has two gigantic fish tanks that you can walk under, they were handing out free hats, it's two levels, it has a running ferris wheel in the center and an airplane hanging from the ceiling. That isn't even the beginning, but I think you get the point. Here is a picture Andrew took of me while trying on one of the hats. What a goober!


After Scheels we made our way over to the Atlantis buffet to meet up with my parents and grandparents. It was an awesome lunch and I love buffets. I feel like everyone walks away happy, because you can get whatever you want. I won't go into details about what I ate because now that I think about it I'm a little ashamed at the amount of food I consumed.

As an added bonus to our stay in Reno Andrew told me that we would get dressed and go dancing at Bubinga which has a pretty strict dress code for getting in. No street clothes, sneakers, etc. I was pretty excited. I love to dance.

When we were ready to go we made our way downtown and ate some dinner. We ordered some pizza and enjoyed a few alcoholic beverages. I had a strawberry daquiri and Andrew had a couple Dos Equis. Upon finishing dinner Andrew pointed out that there was a little something extra in my purse. When I investigated I saw that there were two pieces of paper folded together. You know what they were? Tickets to So You Think You Can Dance! OMG! That is one of my most favorite shows ever. When tickets were first on sale I decided I wasn't going to buy them this year because I should save my money. Being the sweetheart that he is Andrew took it upon himself to surprise me with tickets. I love him!

We didn't end up going to Bubinga, but that was ok. I was happy watching others dance even if I didn't get to.

This was one of my favorite routines between Kherington and Twitch. I heart Mia Michaels and her ability to choreograph.


Picture time before leaving the hotel:

These are Andrew's shoes. I love these shoes.

Sunday - We did some shopping and made our way home.

Thank you Andrew for such a fabulous weekend. You're the best!

If you are interested in reading about our trip to see the show last year click here.

8 comments:

ALF said...

Wow - that is so sweet! I was wondering if you'd be coming to town to see SYTYCD again this year.

Great shoes!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great weekend.. and what a great guy for surprising you like that! I wondered what happened to you since you disappeared on the blog world. :)

Sarah said...

I LOVE the "going out" pictures. You guys are too funny!

La Petite Chic said...

What a sweet surprise!! And how cute are you in that fuzzy hat?!

Katelin said...

i love that furry hat.

sarah marie p said...

Hee -- these pictures are all so much fun! And what an awesome surprise! That was sooo thoughtful of your boy! So exciting!

Unknown said...

that hat is too cute!! I hope you bought it! I'm glad you had a fun night! I love Strawberry Daiquiris!!

Unknown said...

Hey, where'd you run off to again? Such a busy girl! I sure do miss you... I strangely miss the Mucc too.

I've nominated you for an award, visit my blog for the details.