One Year Blogoversary

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 Posted In , Edit This 3 Comments »

I realize this is several days late, but better late than never.


I cannot believe it has been one year since I started blogging. Time sure does go by in the blink of an eye. My mom once told me when I turned twenty-one time would fly. I didn’t believe her. I am now twenty-four and I’m wondering to myself where have the past few years gone? Where have the past 24 years gone for that matter?


I’m at the point in my life where I have to make decisions for myself (not that I won’t be making decisions for the rest of my life, but…). What do I want to be when I grow up? Do I really want to go back to school? What should I make for dinner? Should I clean the house or lay on the couch? You know the important things.


I originally started this blog because of my good friend ALF. I always loved reading her stories and finding out what was going on in her life. I figured it would be a good way to communicate my feelings, laugh at my faults, and let people know what’s happening with out having to make a million phone calls (that of course in an exaggeration because I don’t even know a million people, but you get the point).


I didn’t realize a year ago I would be trying to keep up with 30+ different blogs, or that I would be twittering (you should most definitely follow me by the way), or that there are so many others out there feeling the exact same way I am, and I never imagined I would be participating in a photo challenge. It’s so crazy. And by crazy I mean awesome! I absolutely love that I started to blog.


I’m going to sum up this year with highlights from each month:


2007

June – I bought my very first brand new car.

July – Andrew invited me to meet his friends and family in Montana. While we were there he took me all over Montana from Glacier National Park in the North to Yellowstone in the South. It really was an amazing trip.

August – We went on my very first camping trip ever in Lake Tahoe.

September – We had a surprise party for my mom’s 50th birthday. So fun!

October – We painted our house all by ourselves.

November – Andrew’s parents came to town to surprise him for his birthday and I kept it a secret from him. We also got to spend Thanksgiving with my aunt. Love her.

December – Andrew and I celebrated 2 years of dating. Woohoo! Go us!


2008

January – I was laid off from my last job. At the time it was terrible news, but when one door closes another is opened. You just have to keep your head up, stay positive, and keep your eyes open for new possibilities.

February – I got a new job working for one of the mining companies near Winnemucca.

March – I turned 24!

April – We found out my dad does not have cancer and his surgery to remove his thyroid went very well.

May – At work I got to change from working eight hour shifts Monday - Friday to ten hour shifts Monday – Thursday. Three day weekends are awesome!

June – Well…June will have to wait another year because we definitely aren’t far enough into it for me to be able to give any highlights.


Thank you to those of you who have been around since the beginning and hello to those of you who are new. I love comments just in case you were wondering, so if you are lurking (reading with out commenting) you should say hi. I don’t bite…that hard.

3 comments:

La Petite Chic said...

Happy first blogoversary!! Here's to another fabulous year :)

ALF said...

I am eating potato chips for breakfast.

Katelin said...

happy blogoversary! wee!